The Main Grant consists of two categories:
ONE CRORE GRANT
• The applicants can apply for funds up to a maximum of one crore rupees. Only one applicant will be awarded this grant.
15 LAKH GRANTS
• The applicants can apply for funds up to a maximum of Rs. 15 lakhs.
Fifteen applicants will be awarded this grant.
The following categories need to be considered while applying for the grant. The applications can belong to one or more of these categories.
1. INNOVATION IN EDUCATION
Projects that have demonstrated excellence as pilot, model or research projects and are capable of being scaled up or replicated in mass education efforts.
Using Information Technology including hardware, software, or integrated solutions that satisfy any or all of the following criteria:
- Solutions that significantly upgrade the quality or lower the cost of an existing product or process in the education system.
- Solutions that make an existing process or products more efficient in terms of time, energy, cost or availability.
- Solutions that "game change" the existing educational system through digitalization or other integration of technology into education.
- Solutionsthat enhance delivery and increase quality of rural education.
- Solutionsthat promote inclusion and support of unique learners i.e. differentially enabled students.
- Solutions that promote value based learning and character building as a part of the overall learning content in mass environments.
- Solutions successful in other countries which can be introduced in India with suitable modifications.
This category includes curriculum content, educational methodology and systems of classroom or individual learning.
- An idea or a new way of practice that is in model, pilot or laboratory stage and ready for implementation at a new level or scale.
- Systemic change to replace existing pedagogy with qualitatively improved practices, including the training for teachers/facilitators in the new pedagogy.
- Creativeuse of integral education or other holistic, person-centered learning practices.
- New curriculum structures and methods of delivery of such curriculum.
4. SOCIAL PROCESS
- Any process or applied idea that involves the community or the public at a mass level to bring about social change in educational environments.
- Modesof reaching out to people and children that integrate education with the life of the community, and are replicable and scalable to communities across India.
5. REPLICATION OF CUTTING EDGE INNOVATIONS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AND CULTURES
- Technology transfer from a robust innovation in another country or culture that may make education in India "better, faster or more cost effective.”
- Enhancement of such existing technology transfer efforts which are still in the pilot, model or laboratory stage and have the potential to be scaled up towards mass implementation.
6. ANY OTHER
“Out-of-the-box”, creative, imaginative, or blue sky solutions that can be demonstrated and assessed as part of the initial pilot, model or laboratory stage.
Proposal Submissions can be dedicated to any of the following levels of education: Kindergarten, elementary, middle school, high school, undergraduate, Post-graduation, PHD. and laboratory schools, adult learning, distance teaching/learning and non-formal education.